While we’re stuck in quarantine, we bet you’re running out of things to keep you busy.
During this stressful time, we could all use some escape.
We find solace in the therapeutic act of cooking. But we aren’t talking about just ANY cooking. This article is all about baking, and that too, arguably the most well-liked dessert all over the world: cupcakes!
Get your oven mitts on and try these delicious cupcake recipes. Get your kids to help you out and make it a fun and delicious family activity.
Hungry for cupcakes? Get stunning images of cupcakes every time you open a new tab.
Nutella Swirl Cupcakes
If you’re a fan of Nutella (like us), this recipe is going to give you some serious sweet cravings!
Yields: 14 Cupcakes Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- 115 g flour
- 165 g caster sugar
- 4 tbsp boiling water
- 40 g cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
- 175 g unsalted butter
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 200 g Nutella
- 175 unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp milk
- 350 g icing sugar
- 200 g Nutella
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Prepare a 12 hole cupcake tin with cupcake liners.
- In a bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Slowly add the eggs, one by one, beating all the while.
- In a separate bowl, make a smooth paste of boiling water and cocoa powder.
- Thoroughly blend the two mixtures together.
- Spoon the mixture into each cupcake liner but don’t fill to the brim! Bake for 12-15 minutes until the toothpick inserted in a cupcake comes out dry.
- Meanwhile, prepare the frosting by mixing the butter, milk and half of the icing sugar. Now add the remaining sugar and Nutella and beat until light and fluffy.
- Once cupcakes are baked and cooled, carve out a small piece from each and use a piping bag to insert a generous dollop of Nutella. Once done, add the removed top.
- Now use another piping bag to add swirls of the Nutella buttercream on top of the cupcakes!
As summers are approaching, we would love some zesty, lemonade-flavored cupcakes to enjoy near the poolside!
Yields: 12 Prep Time: 25 Minutes Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- 5 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 5 cup milk
- 2 large lemons
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 5 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 tbsp whipping cream
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line the cupcake tray with liners.
- Beat sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- In another bowl, beat the flour and baking powder together.
- Combine the two mixtures and slowly add eggs and vanilla, whisking all the while.
- Add in the milk, lemon juice and mix until combined.
- Fill the cupcake liners and bake the cupcakes.
- Remove after 20 minutes and allow them to cool.
- For the frosting, cream butter, powdered sugar, lemon extract and whipping cream.
- Scoop frosting into a piping bag and swirl on the cupcakes.
- Add half-cut lemon slices for decoration!
If you’re baking with kids, there’s nothing like the fancy of vibrant and delicious rainbow cupcakes!
Yields: 24 cupcakes Prep Time: 30 Minutes Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- 3 Cups flour
- 1 cup butter
- 2 1/3 cups sugar
- 5 egg whites
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ cup milk
- Rainbow food gel colors
- 1 cup butter
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 3 tbsp milk
- Preheat the oven to 35p degrees and prepare the cupcake tin. If you don’t have a 24 hole cupcake tin, you can bake in two batches!
- Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add in egg whites and vanilla. Mix thoroughly.
- In another bowl, mix together dry ingredients. Add milk.
- Combine the two mixtures and beat until smooth.
- Now divide the batter into different cups. Add one food coloring to each cup and mix well.
- With the help of different piping bags, add each layer of color to the cupcake tin. Repeat until you have the entire batch ready.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes. Remove and let them cool down on the rack.
- For the frosting, cream the butter, sugar and vanilla. Add milk and mix until very light and fluffy.
- Use a piping bag to frost the cupcakes and serve!
These delicious cupcake recipes are worth a few pounds! We’ll be back with more recipes. Till then, let us know how these worked out for you?